London & South East Region Air Cadets are pleased to launch a brand new photography competition for 2017-2018. The contest is open to cadets and adult volunteers around the region, and will run until 1 April 2018. Photos taken between 2 April 2017 and 1 April 2018 are eligible, and the theme of the competition is “Adventure in the Air Cadets”.
A range of trophies and vouchers will be awarded to the winning entries in both the cadet and adult volunteer categories.
- The theme of the competition is “Adventure in the Air Cadets”.
- Cadets and adult volunteers in LASER are eligible to enter up to three photos.
- Photos must be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- All entries must be sent from a Bader email account – one photo per email.
- Email must include the name, rank and squadron of the entrant.
- Entries must be submitted by 23:59 on 1 April 2018.
- Photos taken between 2 April 2017 and 1 April 2018 are eligible for the competition.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that any pictures are taken with the consent of the subject.
- Individuals who are clearly identifiable in the image must have supplied parental consent for photography on their 3822a, it is the responsibility of the individual submitting the photo to check this.
Full terms and conditions
1. This competition is open to anyone serving as a cadet or adult volunteer in Air Training Corps (ATC) in London & South East Region. This includes cadets and adults whose primary squadron is within Essex, Kent, London, Middlesex, Surrey or Sussex Wing. Adult volunteers who fill a Wing or Region post are also eligible, with the exception of those who fill an MCO post at Wing or Region.
2. The competition is not open to members of the CCF, unless they are also a member of an ATC Squadron. CCFA runs a separate photo competition which is open to members of the CCF(RAF).
3. The entrant must be registered as a current cadet, cadet force adult volunteer, civilian committee member or Padre, registered on Bader SMS on the date at which the photo is submitted.
4. The closing date of the competition is 23:59 on 1 April 2018. Photos must have been taken in the calendar year preceding this date (2 April 2017 – 1 April 2018).
4. Entries should be submitted by via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
5. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name, rank and squadron (or wing). Image files should ideally be at least 1MB. The entry should clearly state which category the image is to be entered in to (cadet, or adult volunteer).
6. An individual may submit up to three individual entries. Each image should be submitted separately (one photo per email).
7. Adjustments of colour, or conversion to grayscale that do not alter content are permitted. Any manipulation which alters the content, for example changing the density, colour, contrast or saturation level that alter content by obscuring or eliminating backgrounds and or objects/people in the background of the picture are not permitted. Judges reserve the right to request an original, unedited version of the image, should the need arise during judging.
8. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that any pictures are taken with the consent of the subject.
9. Individuals who are clearly identifiable in the image must have supplied parental consent for photography on their 3822a, it is the responsibility of the individual submitting the photo to check this.
10. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
11. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
12. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them.
13. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
14. The theme of the competition is “adventure”, and should reflect the activities on offer in the Air Training Corps. Winning entries will be those judged to be the most visually appealing and creative by the panel of judges. Winners will be notified within fourteen days of the closing date of the competition.
15. Winners will be notified by email, to the Bader email address on which the photo was submitted. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
16. Trophies and voucher prizes will be awarded in each category (cadet and adult volunteer) at the discretion of the judges. Winning and running up photographs will be displayed at LASER Regional Headquarters. Additional ‘experience’ based prizes may also be awarded based on merit